We have nearly arrived at Summer, and our academic year is soon coming to an end. We will be graduating our Nightingales and Eagles: We are so very proud of their achievements this year.
- 10:30 -11:30 Graduation
- 11:30-12:30 Potluck lunch
(Children should arrive at 9:30 am)
Look out for Sign up Genius from the Office regarding the potluck lunch.
We have exciting experiences in store around the theme of the Oceans this summer for your children! The curriculum and the program is different every week so it is okay if your children are not participating consecutive weeks.
- Week 1– The Oceans – Introduction
- Week 2– The Invertebrates of the Ocean
- Week 3– The Fish and the sharks
- Week 4– The Sharks
- Week 5– The Dolphins and the Whales
- Week 6– The Whales
- Week 7– More mammals of the Ocean
- Week 8– More mammals of the Ocean
Our Swans, Nightingales and Eagles will do many experiments in order to understand the layers of the ocean; students will learn the importance of the oceans for our survival and will also learn in detail about different types of invertebrates, fish, sharks, whales, dolphins and other mammals of the sea.
Our younger children will learn many new songs and experience many textures in our Sensory and Art area/time; they will have a lot of fun getting familiar with many animals of the ocean and their characteristics.
EVENTS AT A GLANCE
Report Cards: May 21 – June 1st
Children s report card for the year together with their Art folder and note books (Swans/Nightingales and Eagles) will be sent home.
Teachers will ask for only a few one on one conferences. Please let us know if you d like to have a face to face conference.
Summer “Tacos at the Park” : June 1, 2018 [4 PM – 7 PM]
Parent committee is looking to secure a taco vendor. Those who would prefer to bring a picnic lunch are also more than welcome to do so. Please RSVP! Event will take place at La Costa Canyon Park.
Nightingales & Eagles Park Outing
- June 18, 19, 20 (An e-mail with details will be sent out)
Last Day of School
- Weds. June 20th – Half day. Extra Care will be available until 3:30 pm only.
After School Programs 2018-2019
Our After School programs are for school-aged children in grades K & up. Classes are 1 to 2 days per week for 2 hours. We will have schedules and registrations up for those programs in July 2018, so stay tuned!
Parent Orientation Meetings
- August 4 : 10:30a-12:00p
- August 15 : 5:00p-6:30p
- August 25 : 3:00p-4:30p
Parents must attend an orientation for the 2018-2019 school year.
- Monday August 27, 2018
WELCOME OUR NEWEST TEACHER
We are so happy to have her as part of our Jardin family!!
PARENT COMMITTEE CORNER
We will be celebrating our amazing teachers at Jardin with Teacher Appreciation Week starting on Monday, June 11th. We would love your help in giving thanks to your child’s teachers and assistants.
For your information here are the names of the Staff at Lingua Natal:
- Spanish Doves: Mrs. Ana Ortega and Mrs. Veronica Martinez
- SpanishSwans: Mrs. Andrea Galindo and Mrs. Lucero Gomez
- Spanish Multi-age: Mme. Lena Sisson, Ms. Ana Banos and Ms. Alejandra Flores
- Mandarin: Mrs. Chloe Zatt
- French Doves-Swans: Mme. Ann France Brachwitz-Moore
- French Multi-age: Mme. Haleh Ghafoori
We are asking that your child provide a few small items each day of school week.
Our suggestions are:
o Monday, June 11: Flowers
- Each child a flower for each of your child steachers. Please try to get long stems so a beautiful flower arrangement can be made. The Parents Committee will provide vases.
o Tuesday, June 12: Sweet Treats
- Send small bundles of favorite sweet treats like jam, pastries, cookies, brownies, etc. for each of your child s teachers. Please remember not to send nuts.
o Wednesday, June 13: Thank You Notes
- Send notes and/or drawing from your child for each of your child s teachers.
o Thursday, June 14: Thank You Notes
- Send notes and/or drawing from your child for each of your child s teachers. (If your child doesn’t go on Wednesdays).
o Friday, June 15: Gift Cards*
- *Please consider a contribution of $5 per child BEFORE JUNE 8. The Parents Committee will combine the funds and give each teacher and assistant a gift card on behalf of the parent community. You may give cash at drop off/pickup (in envelope for Marcela with child’s and teacher’s name on it) or PayPal Karim Nassar, Parent Committee Member Spouse, at firstname.lastname@example.org by June 8th.